Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mousse? Yes mousse

My closest friends know that I use mousse and embrace it because I have limp, fine, thin hair and frankly I want some volume. There's definitely people who still use mousse and they use it for the same reason I do. Sounds 80s or 90s or whatever, but it gets the job done.

I got this great mousse from my hairdresser from a line called Enjoy. But one day after I used it at the gym, I came home and the container was completely empty. I have no clue how it happened, but I was at a loss, as I knew I was not going to my hair dresser's anytime soon.

So I did what most people do, and go to my local CVS to find a substitute. It was about 7am and I saw a sale (I can't pass up a sale). It was buy one get one free of Christophe hair products. The bottle looked nice and about as fancy as you can get with CVS products. I had not heard anything about this product, but figure I would try the thickening spray and since I had another option, I would try the volumizing mousse.

So I bring it up the register and the woman at the counter was arguing with me that it wasn't buy one get one free so I showed her thats what the sign said. She left the register and started ripping off every sticker one by one and making a big stink about it and frankly it was too early in the morning for me to give a shit, so I stood there as me and the man behind me laughed about how ridiculous it was. In the end I got my discount. Why am I telling you all this useless knowledge? Well I just want you to get the feel of the struggle I had getting the product and now here is my review.

The thickening spray is good not great. The rusk thick is way better. The mousse is awful. I only use a small amount, and it makes my hair look like a greasy mess. I don't understand how it is supposed to do anything great for hair. Is it possible I am not using it correctly? I guess anything is possible, but I have been investing in mousse since my first perm, and I think I know the proper way my hair should look. In anyway, here's a visual of the bottle to show how looks can be deceiving.

No comments: