Thursday, March 25, 2010

Little Dick, Big Problem.

So... The other night I had a bout of insomnia. Instead of reloading twitter five thousand times for nonexistent updates, or pretending to look for a job, I decided to watch TV.

It's rare that I watch tv these days, but lately when I do it seems as though television is stuck in a high school time warp. I guess it's by chance that every time I turn dish network on the only choices are Roseanne, Family Matters, Saved By The Bell, and maybe a rehab show.

So basically last night, I was stuck flipping between Three's Company and Family Matters. Pretty bad no? Well for whatever reason I decided to flip between both until I was reminded of this character:



That's right, Little Richie.

This show is so bad, but that's stating the obvious. What's worse than this show, and what I'm really trying to get at, is this kid's Do.

Here's what raises some eyebrows:

A. This haircut was not popular on any man or child in the mid-90s.

B. It's a jheri curl.

c. It's about 6 years after AC Slater had this Do, and by this point I'm assuming he was smart enough to get rid of it.

D. Who would do this to their child?





Not only is this haircut unacceptable by mid-90s standards for any child of any race or sex, you decided to burn this image into television history by choosing this Do as your chyldes style while on the show.

Good job. My guess is the parent was a huge fan of Little Richard, requested that his son's character be named Little Richie with a Do to match. Really? That's like giving your 7 year old a pompadour because you love Elvis, only worse.

No comments: