Sunday, March 14, 2010

Beards

Vavoom and I were discussing tonight about Williamsburg and how every girl tends to look the same and every man has a beard.

I am not going to lie and say that I have no attraction to men in beards, because when thats all thats in my face that isn't a reg, then what am I to do. But sometimes its like, ugh can I get a face that I can see? I can't cover up my double chin or bad skin with a beard, so you shouldn't be allowed to either.

But I get it, you hate shaving in the winter! Yea you know what so do I, but I know you don't want to see my hairy legs as much as I don't want your unruly beard.

Now this next example, is an extreme example. This man is probably not straight (I love my gays!) but seriously, come on with this look.

I got this from absurdintellectual after a google search in case they find I used their photo or wherever they got that from. They were making fun of hipsters. This is really taking it to the extreme as far as a look goes and I wouldn't call this a typical one, but anyway you get the idea.



I guess I just long for the days when everyone was dancing to 60s soul music via 1998 at Sorted in Philadelphia and dressed up in suits and cared about what they looked like. Is that too much to ask?

I'd just like to see this again sometime soon:



Fine its Jim Sturgess, and I don't plan on having this enter my world anytime soon, but can I at least get 75% of this man to be out and about again. Wishful thinking I guess.

At least spring is around the corner, and some of those beards might get shaven off. Here's to hoping.

1 comment:

Tasty D's said...

Amen. Surprisingly you see this look a lot in midtown, or at least by me. Skinny boys in small suits and good haircuts. I really like seeing the dark suits with the tan shoes and I am seeing a lot of it lately. Maybe that is where we should hang out.