Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Subway Scrunchi Spottin' (And Pukin')

Ok, it's time for another installment of Scrunchi Spottin. You'll have to exuse the blurry photos, but i couldn't take with flash as this woman would have probably turned around while I was following her on the 60th St subway platform.




For those of you who don't know, 60th Street and Madison Ave is tourist hell. Everyday I go out for my work break, and I see shit fashion euro-style left and right. The tourist factor is so high because 60th street is an annex of hell with the combo of the 24/7 365 Apple Store, FAO Swartz, and central park all within a 100 ft radius.

The gem above is most likely a mid-western tourist. In case you can't tell, she is wearing a straw hat over her mousy hair. Said hat has the top exposed for prime cabesa exposure. Below the brim, which you can't see in the photo, is scrunchi number one. About one foot below is scrunchi number two. Double the pleasure, double the fun.

Don't even get me started on the ankle length de-sexualizing skirt, the wig wam socks, and the sensible white mom walking shoes. There's so much to say. I want to say that by no means am I a fashion snob. I understand many people can't afford high fashion, or don't have a sense of style, but there is no exuse for looking like this with a double scruchi and half hat other than this: You have neither vagina nor penis, and you are from the planet mars.

No comments: