Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hair Thoughts...by QDT

Today I had to work in my Manhattan office. I thought I was dressed pretty well, that my hair looked really good, but my confidence was quickly shattered when I stepped outside and the humidity took over my do and my face. Sweat on the forehead when you have bangs, only leads to having sweaty bangs, and once that happens, it doesn't go back to the way it did when you first left the house.

But whatever, I have dealt with it before, and while it wasn't great, it wasn't that bad. I then meet the new staff and they are all pretty much supermodels. I wore a flat shoe and all black and was horrified but the extremely well dressed, pantene'd hair, tall slender ladies with huge pumps on.

I was also really excited because I had bought a new shirt that I thought was really cute to wear, and then I was just blown out of the water. Not to mention, not one hair on their head was out of place. How is that possible? Why are some women's hair not affected at all by the weather, and mine its like a wavy curly mess with flipped up bangs the moment a stroke of moisture hits the air. I guess some are blessed and some aren't. I am the unblessed one.

No comments: