Sunday, September 20, 2009

More do thoughts...

I was just thinking that what makes me actually even remotely qualified to give suggestions to others regarding their hair care. Why didn't I become a stylist, or a colorist, or I don't even know. That's a good question. I guess I maybe should have done something in the hair field now that I think about it because while unfortunately I tend to be a little lost about what I am passionate about, I really do love talking about hair.

I didn't realize until a few years back how much I actually talked about hair and thought about hair, etc. That statement alone makes me sound completely vapid and boring, I agree. I have more to me, but that's not what I am here for.

I guess what I feel makes me qualified is I have probably have had every bad haircut known to man kind. Although I am proud to say that at 8 years old, I did know enough not to braid my mulleted hair in Jamaica. Something about a really chubby girl, with a mullet plus braids, was enough for me to finally make a decision that I am very glad I said no to until this day.

Let's go through my past do's. Mullet, permed mullet, bowl cut, regular spiral perms (for years and years), straight bangs with said spiral perm, the barbershop haircut from hell (thanks brother), the one inch all around my head (thanks Lisa from Clifton's worse salon right before my first day of college), razor cut asymetrical do, short bang do, really long, long bangs, razor cut, one length long long bangs, which leads me up to today's do, chin length short bob do with side swoop bangs.

I've done it all really. Some good, some bad, some very bad. I don't know how qualified I am or at all, but I love seeing how different everyone can look with a change of their hairstyle or color. It's quite interesting.

That being said, thanks to my lovely friends and family who have complimented my hair recently. It's the one thing I have seemed to do right lately. Merci (I am going to Paris, I will use this blog to practice my french!! no no I won't, I promise. But maybe an entry about hair in France is very possible!)

No comments: