Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Happy New Year everyone. New Year's is always special because everyone is getting all done up, hair, makeup, sparkly dresses and such. Well I guess not everyone, but many people like to go all out to bring in the new year. As I am on the subway heading out to Brooklyn to celebrate with my crew, I noticed a girl on the train with.....are you ready.......a zig zag part. I have not seen a zig zag part since....I honestly have no idea when the last time I saw one was. It's been years. So long in fact, that I forgot that people did these and apparently are still doing this.

So while I am on the train, I of course cannot communicate with the people around me about this phenomena nor can I discuss with this woman, who looked fairly normal otherwise, about her choice for the night.

Alas, I texted Vavoom to share my discovery of the part, who was also very excited by this. I told him he would be the only one who understood, and it was true, he did.

I was so stunned by this hair part, it almost made me wish I could start an interviewing process to find out if this is her normal hairdo, or something special for New Year's. The sad part is, I will just never know.

For those of you that have no idea what this is, feast your eyes. And of course, may this year be merry and wonderful. Take care of your hair in 2011!

No comments: