Monday, October 12, 2009

Vintage Hair

I was looking around on the internet for vintage hair partly because I want to learn how to do pin curls in my hair and partly because I just like looking at vintage anything really.

I found a website that dedicates itself to vintage hair and accessories AND you can also buy vintage hair items and magazines. It is called www.hairarchives.com - It is pretty awesome.

So let's go a through a few of my favorites.

First if I become a bride and have long hair. I might want to this:



Although I am sure no one will be able to do this for me, but hey you never know. I can dream right?

I like how this website has a link called the Pink Room. It is for Coiffures. However, I am totally not into this look:



This is a case of a flip gone toooo far. Pretty girl like that doesn't need a major flip. Something subtle with a big poof ontop would have just been fine.

I really have yet to go to an event where I needed an updo, but if I were to get one AND again had long hair, it would definitely be this:



Perfection in its finest.

Mini do thought: Also, since we are on the subject of vintage hair, I have to state that I despise the over usage of the term "old hollywood glamour". It seems like every one in Hollywood, at every event, is striking up 'old hollywood glamour' looks. I don't know, can't they say they are just loving her look without referring to it as such? It makes it seem like every stylist is reliving this look for their clients over and over again. Mini do thoughts.

Also for anyone that read my post on the hair museum - I think it was this site that explained that a hair watch is ACTUALLY just a watch made of hair. So you don't wear it in your hair, its just made of hair which I guess was a popular thing to do back in the day.

Au Revoir!

PS - Coiffures are french so even though its not a post about French hair entirely, its included somewhat!

No comments: