Saturday, November 8, 2008

Do Talkin' is into Britpop'n

I know you English hate when people use the term Britpop - sorry I am using it. I would refer to it as something else, but this is what I was brought up on calling it...so britpop britpop britpop.

Anyway, I can't believe that its been a few months of this blog and I have left out some very important songs/bands that helped me in my transition from grungy high schooler - to whatever the hell I turned into in college into what I am now.

Here they are:

Pulp - Jarvis Cocker is a god amongst all gods. He is like 40 or something now but he is perfect in every way. Here is the Common People video which made many nights dancing at Sorted worthwhile. Check out his perfection from head to toe:



Another song that was popular back in the Sorted days is:

Blur - Boys & Girls - I saw Damon Albarn once in the flesh after his show in the city when I was 20 and literally gasped at the sight of him - he was so tall and lanky and had this awesome do. Here is this video:



Lastly good ol' Primal Scream - Bobby G. was a big favorite for one of my friends who told me a story about how she stalked in him in NYC and he turned around and said something to her and she freaked and ran away. Oh well. (She also stalked Jarvis at an afterparty when she was underage and she got to hang out with him. JEALOUS!)

Here is the video for Rocks:



Enjoy! Music is just as important if not more important than hair (yea maybe I said that and maybe I am lying! Flip your hair bitch!)

No comments: